October 26, 2009

Am a blissfully happy married woman with rather sore feet :)
Wedding was beautiful and amazing and and and....
SteamCon was an absolute joy - got to meet amazing and wonderful people who I have known for years in the flesh and FINALLY give the hugs I have been wishing to give for a long time! My beloved looked amazing and the spots in front of his eyes from the flash photographers may fade in time. The Salon was grand, with some real surprise visitors.
I am sworn to secrecy regarding the room party afterwards - suffice to say there was ample booze, LOTS of guns, and several of us found ourselves in bed with Tensai and Lunar...
Abney Park, live, in a room full of Steampunks in full costume - all bouncing in unison. Surreal, awesome and, well, wow.
Now sitting in the Arctic Club Hotel in Seattle with my beloved. I want to live here FOREVER. The most beautiful and amazing architecture. And walruses - lots of walruses.
Photos upon our return home. And planning begins for next year...

*edit (well not really, more a footnote) I need to find another adjective besides amazing. But it really applies here!

2 comments:

Rhianon Jameson said...

Hmm, so *that's* why Tensai said she lost the camera. :)

(My alternative joke was going to involve sore feet and marriage, but would not have been suitable for a fine, upstanding Journal such as this.)

It's grand to hear that such a good time was had by all. Even if the Steamlands were a little quiet these past few days.

Ceejay Writer said...

I do love the walruses on the Artic.... oh, how I miss Seattle. So happy you had a good time!